Sabah Ibiza boots in Amsterdam

Morocco 2017
New boots and bags
Trip to Morocco Dec 2016
con tecnología de

Mi blog

Sabah Ibiza boots in Amsterdam

From May 1st until May 4th we from "Sabah Ibiza" boots took part in the very special event:
"Las Dalias On The Road"
in Amsterdam.
With around 100 standholders from the Las Dalias Hippymarket on Ibiza we moved for 4 days to Amsterdam to build up our market in the "Westergasfabriek".
We transferred the Ibiza feeling and spirit for a few days into the beautiful Dutch town of Amsterdam.
Before going to Amsterdam we'd already been twice with this market in Madrid in 2011 and 2012, and last year a limited number of stalls to Marbella and Milan.
For me going to the Netherlands always feels like going home. Between 1969 and 1978 I have been living in Maastricht and I'll never forget those "golden" years.
I became a member of a local "wandelclub" and that gave me the chance to know almost every corner of this friendly country. Besides the regular "wandeltochten" of around 40 or 50km I also took part in long distance walking events like Nijmegen - Rotterdam (150km) or the Amsterdam - Leuwaarden "tocht" of another 150km. These events were no competitions but you had to cover the distance within 24 hours.
Long before Google's streetview I had my personal streetview of many Dutch cities and villages.
The most amazing thing was that we often walked from one church tower to the next. The Netherlands are such a flat country that we used to say: "On Wednesday you can see already who is coming to visit you on Sunday".
One thing I'll never forget was during the Amsterdam - Leuwaarden "tocht". After about 80km we reached - I think it was Hoorn - late in the evening, and from there we had to go along the "afsluitdijk" for about 30km. You saw the lights on the other end of the dyke and they didn't seem to come any closer during hours.That was just horrible.
In 1972 I opened my first shop in Maastricht and some time later a second one in Heerlen.
I'd been travelling a lot to Morocco and was convinced that there was interest in Moroccan handcraft.
While I was in Morocco I saw many old or rotten carpets (kelims) with holes in which people couldn't sell anymore. That gave me the idea to use these kelims for other purposes and that turned out to be the birth of kelim boots, bags and vests. From around 1974 I started producing and selling them in my shops for a couple of years before I took a break and moved to Morocco for some years.
In 1985 I moved to Ibiza and once again started producing the kelim boots and selling them on the island's hippymarkets. Without any interruptions I'm still selling them nowadays. About five years ago I gave them the brand name "Sabah Ibiza", and it didn't take long before other people began to copy them and to sell them much more expensive than we sell them here.
Even the Chinese didn't hesitate to come out with their own copy, a cheap quality mainly of plastic and normal fabrics, while our boots are made of old kelims, outside leather of cowhide, inside leather of sheepskin. They are handmade by experienced Moroccan craftsmen and each pair is unique.

1985 Las Dalias Hippymarket

18 comentarios para Sabah Ibiza boots in Amsterdam:

Comentarios RSS
Ali on miércoles, 13 de noviembre de 2019 2:47
Good day! This post could not be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

Switzer on martes, 19 de noviembre de 2019 5:40
I just could not depart your website prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the standard information an individual supply to your guests? Is gonna be back continuously in order to check up on new posts

Kirkhope on martes, 19 de noviembre de 2019 5:51
An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a coworker who was conducting a little homework on this. And he actually bought me dinner due to the fact that I found it for him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending some time to talk about this subject here on your web page.

Estep on martes, 19 de noviembre de 2019 5:55
Hi there i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this article i thought i could also make comment due to this sensible piece of writing.

Larry on martes, 19 de noviembre de 2019 7:06
It's actually a great and helpful piece of info. I'm glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

Rolph on lunes, 25 de noviembre de 2019 20:11
This website truly has all the information andd facts I wanted concerning this subject and didn't know who to ask.

Chatham on sábado, 30 de noviembre de 2019 0:55
You made some really good points there. I looked on the web to find out more about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this website.

Foskett on sábado, 30 de noviembre de 2019 1:09
Wow, this paragraph is pleasant, my sister is analyzing such things, so I am going to tell her.

Cisneros on sábado, 30 de noviembre de 2019 9:11
Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I am hoping to provide something back and help others suhch as you aided me.

Fowles on lunes, 02 de diciembre de 2019 14:47
This piece of writing is genuinely a good one it hdlps new internet visitors, who are wishing in favor of blogging.

Goldsmith on miércoles, 04 de diciembre de 2019 3:34
I really like what you guys tend to be up too. This sort of clever work and coverage! Keep up the amazing works guys I've incorporated you guys to my personal blogroll.

Hall on jueves, 05 de diciembre de 2019 12:49
magnificent put up, very informative. I ponder why the other specialists of this sector don't notice this. You must proceed your writing. I am sure, you've a great readers' base already!

Monti on domingo, 08 de diciembre de 2019 13:25
It is fun and attention-grabbing to attain these accolades along with maintaining fitness.

Springthorpe on martes, 10 de diciembre de 2019 0:04
hello there and thank you for your information - I've definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this site, as I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you update this again soon..

Stallworth on martes, 10 de diciembre de 2019 4:15
F*ckin' amazing things here. I am very happy to look your post. Thank you a lot and i'm looking ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?

Palmer on miércoles, 01 de enero de 2020 19:26
Great items from you, man. I've bear in mind your stuff prior to and you are just too wonderful. I really like what you've acquired here, really like what you are saying and the best way wherein you assert it. You make it entertaining and you continue to care for to stay it wise. I can not wait to read far more from you. That is actually a tremendous site.

Barrera on miércoles, 08 de enero de 2020 4:12
It's an remarkable article for all the online users; they will get benefit from it I am sure.

Ramirez on miércoles, 08 de enero de 2020 16:31
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Ibiza laarzen & quot;Sabah Ibiza". Regards

Añadir un comentario

Su nombre:
Dirección de email: (campo obligatorio)
Página web:
Comentario:
Haga su texto más grande, márquelo en negrita, cursiva y mucho más con etiquetas HTML. Le mostramos cómo..
Editor de páginas web alojado en Vistaprint